Chickpeas, eh? Garbanzos, you say? Someone’s on a health kick in this house (hint: it’s not me or any of the pets) so we bought the kind of groceries we normally wouldn’t. As a result, it’s new recipe time! I documented the process to whet your appetite for this yummy curried treat! You could call it vegetarian too, if you’re into that.
This recipe yields 2 servings and takes about 20 minutes
– Olive oil (2-3 tbsp)
– Half of one large onion, pick your favourite colour
– Curry powder (3 tsp)
– Ginger (1 tsp)
– 5 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 can chick peas (garbanzos), drained and rinsed
– 1 medium tomato, diced
– 1 tbsp water
1. Heat olive oil on medium in deep skillet. Saute your diced onions for 3 minutes.
2. Add minced garlic, ginger, and curry powder, stirring occasionally over the course of 5 minutes.
3. Add chickpeas to the deliciousness cooking in the pan with 1 tbsp of water. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes, cooking and stirring for 5 minutes. Careful! Don’t crush the tomatoes as you stir!
5. Serve! You can use flatbread or rice, or serve with a side of spinach and tomatoes like I did.
Note: Brushing teeth immediately after indulging on curry will ruin your toothbrush. Learn from my mistakes.
That’s it! A quick and delicious meal for lunch. If you know of something similar I should try, please comment!